On Monday, December 6, blueEnergy rolled out its 3rd annual Gift of Light: 2,000,000 Hours of Light fundraising campaign. Last year, the campaign raised over $16,500; this year, we’re aiming for $25,000 and we need your help. With every $1 donation equivalent to 80 hours of light, that’s equivalent to an additional 2,000,000 hours of light for our beneficiaries.
The idea of energy is difficult to conceptualize in the industrialized world; it’s viewed as a commodity, a public utility, something we take for granted. And yet, millions of people around the world live without it, using kerosene lamps to light their homes, inefficient stoves to cook with, and no access to communication or health services. On the Caribbean Coast of Nicaragua, over 75% of the population lack electricity. This holiday season, help us make a difference. Our goal is to raise $25,000 by December 31, 2010.
blueEnergy would like to extend a very special thank to the Gift of Light Ambassadors for their support:
· Alexina Clarke
· Ashley Krupski
· Ashley Rupp
· Chudi Ndubaku
· Gabrielle and Jonathan Clarke
· Janesta and Aaron Edmonds
· Locey Pfeiffer
· Mike Dow
· Ramin Taleghani
We need your help to spread the word. There are many different ways to get involved:
- Donate! http://www.firstgiving.com/giftoflight2010
- Spread the news! Help us increase the bE network by telling friends and family about the campaign and asking them to donate.
- Visit our website to keep tabs as the campaign unfolds.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for your continued support!